Thursday, September 30, 2010

Awesome Word Rainbow


How cool would it be to have a rainbow made up of all of YOU! 

Your words.

Your imaginations.

Umm, it would be freaking awesome!!

So here's what we need from you:

Write four lines of poetry, or a quatrain (it can rhyme or not) about your favorite color:

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green 
Blue
Indigo
Violet
White
Black (I know, not technically in the rainbow, but some people think it's the new pink)

Wax poetic. Write your soul. Or just muse about a funny color. If we get every color, we'll have a very lovely word rainbow that represents all of you, our favorite people on the whole blogosphere. *happy sigh*

I'll do my favorite color for an example:

Yellow of daisies or buttercups,
Tulips, sunshine, roses, and pups:
No symbol as sublime as thee.
You cast out winter, shadows flee.




**Starting Tomorrow: Don't forget to snag your buttons (save and post from our sidebar to yours) to show your commitment to the One K a Day October challenge {or one page a day for the time-challenged} which starts tomorrow!! Join Kristal in blogging your daily word count.. To join a write-a-thon, waltz cheerfully into the OA Writing Lab and type your favorite username. The password is awesome


Woot for CONTESTS! Come back tomorrow because the gorgeous Lindsay has something that will really get your creative wheels spinning. You will want this prize. Trust me. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scent of rain,
Reflected in the sky,
Three quarters of the world
Is covered with my majesty.

BLUE.

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Blue-tiful! ;) Thank you for sharing. At least we have two colors in our little rainbow. Much better than one. :D

Wren said...

Auroral skies electrify
The glow of midnight deep
Hues that saturate my soul
Just give me one to keep

Melissa Sugar said...

Chilled lemonade sip with me
feeding each other cotton candy
holding hands from sunrise till sunset
together share the hue of no regret

Pink

Pu Aili said...

I know I'm months behind on this, but don't much care.

the hue that splashes from a setting sun
that in my veins and lips doth run
that touches my cheeks until I'm dead
that color of life my beloved red

Kristal Shaff said...

Love it Puaili! Thanks for sharing. (Better late than never, I always say)

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Yellow, Blue, Pink, and Red. (And Wren's, as she tells me, is every color.) I think we've got a pretty awesome rainbow now! Thanks, guys!