Friday, July 22, 2011

3 Days 11 Hours 59 Minutes until SUPERNATURALLY!!

I'm a bit of a fangirl when it comes to Kiersten White and her debut novel, PARANORMALCY.
Contest Pic of another fan playing cards with Evie, from the author's blog

So naturally, I was overwhelmed with joy when I found out (a long time ago) it was to be a trilogy. Now that all the books are written, it's a waiting game for fans. (Just like knowing all the Harry Potter or Twilight movies were made and you just. had. to. wait.) But for Book 2 in the trilogy, SUPERNATURALLY...




...the time is almost here!

If you haven't read PARANORMALCY yet, it's a good time to pick up the series. It's YA that's also appropriate for MG-ers, with a hilarious teenage voice that's both vulnerable and wry. And it has one of the best developed, most healthy examples of a teen romance I've ever read. Anywhere. As such, it's one of those few books which I loved both as a teen-at-heart and as a mom scouting books for her someday teens.

Here's the catchy blurb:
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal. 
Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.  
So much for normal.
I don't want to spoil the first book for you if you haven't read it, so I'll just link to the sequel on goodreads for the initiated among you to read the blurb. :)

And two fabulous free online gifts from the publishers:



Enjoy! I hope you love Evie, Lend, and Reth as much as I do.

P.S. Please keep the comments spoiler free, but tell me: Reth or Lend?

3 comments:

Lori M. Lee said...

I won an ARC and have already read Supernaturally. I loved it! I am a total Lend girl all the way :D

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Lori, I am SO jealous! I've only read the first seventy pages of Supernaturally, but they were delightful. I got giddy over Evie and Lend all over again. And Reth... *swoon* - okay, now you know what kind of girl I was.

Team Lend, but damn that Reth is sexy.

LinWash said...

I'm about to put in my preorder for this. I can't wait to read it!