Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Reminder: The August Mystery Agent Contest Is Almost Here...

I just wanted to remind everyone that our next Mystery Agent contest is coming up on August 1st.

      image

So get those one-sentence pitches ready. More details to follow. 

Until then... Want some help with your pitches? Check out these linkies: 

Elana Johnson talks about the High Concept Hook

Our own Michelle McLean talks about Writing a Loglines/The One-Sentence Pitch

Nathan Bransford tells how to write the One-Sentence Pitch

Any hints/tips you want to share? Feel free to leave them in the comments. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo!!!! This is fabulous... that is, if they enjoy women's fiction. Still I was smart to have my pitches ready this round!!! A 140 character pitch, a one-liner, and a two-three sentence pitch. Good to have them all ready!

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Pitch University has so many posts on nailing down the truly important bits of your book, the ones that need to be in the pitch. They recently added a forum, too, and you can try your pitch out for feedback.
http://www.pitch-university.com/

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Awesome links, Lindsay! And WOOT for another epic Mystery Agent contest! Can't wait to read the pitches...

Angelica, thanks for the link! That sounds promising.

LinWash said...

Wow. Thanks for the great advice. Now I need a finished manuscript to go with my one-sentence pitch. Perhaps if I get my groove on like Carlton, I'll come up with a way to end this thing.

Angela Cothran said...

Love the dancing Carlton! Thanks for the links.

Anita Saxena said...

Carlton! It's been ages since I've seen him dance. Looking forward to the contest.