Monday, November 12, 2012

BREAKING DAWN PART 2: On The Final Twilight Movie And Closure



You may or may not have heard about this indie project called THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 2, which comes out on November 15th. It's just this obscure, limited release film with some unknown actors. The studio distributing it isn't expecting ginormous box office numbers at all. Like, not even close.

Oh, and these dudes? I don't squee at the sight of them.


Nope.

Not squeeing.

*squees*

*coughs*

Okay, okay. This post might as well be titled Lies I Tell Myself

I'm not huge on Stephenie Meyer's books (except for the Volturi. Me likes the Volturi. *hugs the Volturi*), BUT I do like watching the movie versions because: 1) Robert Pattinson; 2) Taylor Lautner. Yes, I shall see these two actors in other movies, but probably never in the same movie ever again. That, more than anything else, gives me the sadsies--I think these two gentledudes are rather good at hating each other and fighting over a human dudette. Which is what I believe most TWILIGHT fans seem to enjoy most, along with Bella and Edward's relationship.

But alas, the end is nigh. I'm already coping by watching interviews with both actors (score if they're in the same interview together). This is my attempt at closure, but I know for sure it'll be achieved the minute the end credits roll and I walk out of the movie theater. I shall raise an imaginary glass of lemonade and yell "FAREWELL, MY DARLING DEARS!" at the screen. Because obviously.

So I ask y'all this: if you're looking forward to THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 2, what are you struggling with most in terms of closure? Bella/Edward? Jacob/Reneesme? The Cullens? My beloved Volturis? All of it? Let me know in the comments! 


Happy Monday! :)

5 comments:

Eliza Tilton said...

I'm really curious about the ending. I thought the book ending was blah. There's was all this buildup and then nothing.

Michelle McLean said...

I'm looking forward to the ending as well. Looks like they amped up the fighting which should be cool :D And I don't know - I'm not really having closure issues because pretty soon it'll be out on DVD and then I can watch the entire series of movies over and over again to my heart's content :D

I'm very much looking forward to the movie version of The Host also - loved that book. Keep hoping for a sequel to that one :D

Ladies Holiday said...

I am going to miss the mindless entertainment and how, truly, it has brought me together with some very special friends. Stephanie Meyer whether you laud her writership or not, was onto something!

Also- thanks for those photos. double squee.

Stephsco said...

Like you, I like the Volturi. Unlike you, I don't care for the hot boys. I like Michael Sheen: pasty Brit, the main Volturi baddie. I'm just glad he gets a decent paycheck from a movie like this even if he's underused.

I'm also the one who wanted to start a Team Billy campaign (yes, Jacob's dad), just to throw a wrench in the Edward v. Jacob chatter.

I'll always like the first Twilight movie, but for me, the series is a trilogy. I just can't handle the last book at all. Happy Breaking Dawn-ing to the rest of you!

Heather Murphy said...

Team Edward here very excited to see part 2. I don't necessarily drool over Robert Pattinson but I would like to see him and Kristen Stewart back together in real life. A real life fairy tale