Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Lives of Tao is out in the wild!


The Lives of Tao has been officially released! I had my launch party at NV Penthouse Lounge last Saturday, May 4th. If you lived within a hundred miles of Chicago, I wished you came! *cough* Kristal *cough*

Over 250 of my closest friends, family, and colleagues from all walks of my life came. It was like every facet of my life was suddenly crammed into one room. My writing friends were there, my Kung-Fu friends, my old coworkers, my Asian friends. Everyone. I think I saw half a dozen of my old bosses there.





The fabulous Book Cellar did my offsite sales and sold all but four of the 127 copies they carried of The Lives of Tao. They were kind enough to carry several of the other author's books that I invited as well. In the end, it was an awesome night.

Also, finally, it's not a real party if there's no cake!



In the end, it was a debut release party and to be honest, probably the only one I'll ever do ever again. If you're interested, you can pick up a copy here at Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, or any of your local bookstores. Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Angelica R. Jackson said...

You and your book have been getting such great buzz and reviews! Congratulations on a successful launch and looking forward to more Tao/Roen goodness.

Toni Kerr said...

What an awesome looking cake!!! Sounds like the launch was a complete success :-) Congrats!!