Thursday, November 7, 2013

Love Your Antagonist via Loki

So how many of you are going to see the new Thor movie this weekend?

(raises hand)

Did you know that they added extra filming after it was finished, just to add more Loki scenes? There was such an outcry for the character (And Tom Hiddleston) that they added more of him to make the fans happy.

I admit, as much as I like Thor, I LOVED Loki. A good part of it was the actor. But also, the character himself. He is a villain with baggage. He's not evil, just for the sake of being evil. He found out he was adopted and not like everyone else. He was lied to. He lived under the shadow of his brother. And even though he was the antagonist, you felt for him. (And Tom's voice doesn't hurt either.)




So I have a few questions for you. Ready?

1. Is your antagonist sympathetic? Can you see a reason that he/she is bad, or did you just make them bad/evil?

2.  Who are your favorite sympathetic villains. Books. Movies. I don't care.

3. Team Loki or Team Thor. :o)


Here is something to tide you over while you wait for the movie to come out:







4 comments:

ilima said...

You can never have too much Loki. EVER. Team Loki for the win!

Toni Kerr said...

Loki!! (It's amazing how much crushing I see for Loki on the Internet.)

Angelica R. Jackson said...

I think it'd be so much more fun to play a Loki than a Thor--you get to make snide comments instead of having the weight of the worlds on your shoulders! Can't wait to see if they take advantage of all the possibilities of his character.

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Yes... I'd say it would be less Loki and more Tom for me. ;) Hee hee. As for favorite villains, the only one I can think of from the top of my head is Rowan from Unbreathable. But he wasn't really sympathetic to many, though he did have his own battles he was fighting and had been put in an unfair situation which did have a lot to do with the way he behaved! Did I agree with all of his choices? No. But I did feel for him and sympathized for his situation.

Great points, Kristal!

P.S. For the story line, team Thor. For things in general, team TOM. (Ha.)