Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday Museday

Welcome back! Need a writing prompt today?
I find the sense I neglect the most in my writing is smell. I rarely remember to have my characters react to smells, or to set the scene with smell. But how a place, thing, or person smells can be important information! And how characters react to said smells is also important.
So your prompt today is the smell of rotted potatoes that got left in the back of the pantry and have now become goo that you're going to have to clean up because nobody else will touch it. Yes, that is a personal experience. Have fun!

If you are working on a query and you'd like fresh eyes on it, let me know in the comments! I'll pick someone for a query critique.

3 comments:

RAD - Dot Painter said...

I'd love fresh eyes on my query! Do I need to write about the potatoes to make that happen? I'll hold my breath and close my eyes either way:)

Kara Reynolds said...

Nah, you don't need to write about the potatoes to get the critique. :0) I just hope it inspires you in some way. Send your query in the body of an e-mail to operationawesome6@gmail.com with the subject line Tuesday Query Critique. I usually send back inline notes in a word doc, but if you don't want an attachment let me know and I'll keep it all in the e-mail!

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Gasp! You're querying a project, Rachel? I guess we didn't get a chance to talk about that last Saturday. :(