Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 New Releases We're Excited About

Happy New Year!

If you have "read more books" on your list of New Year's resolutions, we're here today to help you out. Here's some books that we're highly anticipating this year!

January 2016


The Rogue Retrieval by Dan Koboldt
Magic! Both the real AND the illusion kind.
-Kara



February 2016


Morning Star [Red Rising #3] by Pierce Brown
Because I have to know how Darrow's saga ends.
-Kara


Dreaming Death by J. Kathleen Cheney
I have an ARC of this one sitting on my to-read shelf and am looking forward to reading this fantasy about magical psychics going after a murderer.
-Wendy

Reaping Angel [Fallen Redemption #2] by S.L. Saboviec
Our very own Samantha Saboviec's sequel to Guarding Angel is releasing this February! If you haven't read the first one, now's the time to catch up so you're ready for this novel that blends a rich world of supernatural angels and demons within real-world historical events across the world.
-Wendy


A Gathering of Shadows [A Darker Shade of Magic #2] by V.E.Schwab
To be honest, I might wait on this one until the third book comes out in 2017 because I liked how the first book wrapped everything up and am a bit afraid of this one being a cliffhanger. Regardless, I'm highly anticipating both books in this gorgeous fantasy series.
-Wendy

March 2016


Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
I love the Mortal Instruments books, and I don't care who knows it.
-Kara



April 2016


The Raven King [The Raven Cycle #4] by Maggie Steifvater
If you haven't read the books of The Raven Cycle, now's a great time to start them, as this one will be the final book in this YA series that follows a quintet of friends as they search out the mythological Raven King. Oh, and one of them has been told that if she kisses her true love, he'll die.
-Wendy

Emerge by Tobie Easton
She's a CP of one of my CPs, so that makes us CP cousins? I don't know, but suffice it to say I am really happy for her and looking forward to the release.
-Kara

May 2016

The Rose and the Dagger [The Wrath and the Dawn #2] by Renee Ahdieh
This sequel to Renee Ahdieh's debut YA fantasy will wrap up the series and determine the fate of Shahrzad and her husband, the cursed Caliph of Khorasan. I'm looking forward to finding out more about the magic in this world and the magic carpet!
-Wendy

Lies, Damned Lies, and History [Chronicles of St. Mary's #7] by Jodi Taylor
I'm a huge fan of this funny, quirky, anything-goes time travel series. One of my favorite things about it is that each book is self-contained enough that I can pick up each new book as it comes out without having to go back and reaquaint myself with all the previous ones.
-Wendy

Date TBA...

The Worst Thing About Saving the World by Christopher Healy
As a fan of Healy's "League of Princes" series (if you haven't read them, check it out - they're hilarious!) I'm looking forward to this stand-alone about a kid dealing with what comes next after saving the world from aliens.
-Wendy


Books NOT released in 2016 that we'll be reading...

Copperhead [Ironskin #2] by Tina Connolly (pub 2013)
I recently read Ironskin (thanks to the author for sending me a copy!) and can't wait to dive back into this immersive historical fantasy. The first book was a retelling of Jane Eyre, and this one follows what was a minor character from the previous book, so I'm very interested to see where it goes.

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (pub 1862)
I am going to read this book by the end of 2016. That's 3.3 pages per day. My husband told me that I couldn't read them to Morrigan as her bedtime story, which is pretty harsh, don't you think? Well, anyway, hold me to this, everyone!
-Samantha

The Original Sinners series by Tiffany Reisz (pub 2014-2015)
The Original Sinners series is craaaaazy. I could not put it down. This next set all came out in 2015, and I was waiting for them all to release before I got started on them. For me, the beginning of 2016 is gonna be steamy. *wink wink wink*
-Samantha

No comments: