Friday, January 15, 2016

NaNoWriMo 2015 Updates! How You Doin'?

NaNoWriMo
From NaNoWriMo: I wrote a novel! Now What?

I had to pull it out of my rear end, but I finished National Novel Writing Month 2015 with a complete novella.




Mine's an allegory about the end of the world. What did you write about?

And how is that project doing today? Have you looked at it since November 30th?

I purposely haven't! But now it's January and this is the month to take the next steps for me.

My first steps are to...

1. Print the whole thing out.

2. Smile at it.

3. Get a cuppatea and lie down in bed with it, pen in hand. 

4. Make little notes in the margins. Correct typos. 

5. Set it aside.

6. Move notes to the computer copy. 

7. Start revision. 

How about you? Have you already landed an agent or publisher for your NaNo project? Or are you just about to dust it off, like me?

No comments: